The warm spells, brilliant sunlight, and gentle summer breeze are all part of the many reasons we all love summer so much. If you’re still a student, the summer holidays are most likely your favorite time. You can finally forgo those long, boring classes and exhausting assignments and enjoy a relaxing time with your friends.
While we often appreciate the wonders of summer, we sometimes fail to treasure the intricacies of the cold, quiet winter and the beautiful, elegant snow. There’s nothing more comforting and relaxing than lazing around a warm fireplace with your loved ones on a cold, wintery night with a warm cup of cocoa in your gloved hands. Every winter, several temperate countries around the globe are blessed with and surrounded by snow.
Like rain, snow is formed from the precipitation of water vapor. Amazingly, rain is usually in the form of snow high up in the clouds. However, as it begins to fall to the earth, it melts as it descends through warmer air.
What makes snow utterly fascinating is the unique characteristic of snowflakes. Snowflakes are formed when water crystals freeze on top of dust or pollen particles within the atmosphere. Essentially, all snowflakes have six sides. However, snowflakes are as distinct as fingerprints because no two snowflakes have the same intricate features. This is majorly because of the significant difference in the conditions each snowflake experiences as it descends to the earth.
When asked, most people would often describe snow’s physical appearance and color as white, freezing masses. However, this is not entirely true. Snow is translucent and colorless. It only appears white because snow scatters all the wavelengths of light equally.
Snow is truly one of the most magnificent and magical parts of winter. As such, we have curated some fantastic winter and snow quotes you can enjoy while building snowmen and making snow angels.
Quotes About Snow
Without further ado, here are some of the most heartwarming snow quotes of all time.
1. “I know a little more how much a simple thing like a snowfall can mean to a person.” — Sylvia Plath
2. “The first fall of snow is not only an event but it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of world and wake up to find yourself in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment, where is it to be found?” – J. B. Priestley
3. “Winter passes and one remembers one’s perseverance.” – Yoko Ono
4. “Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake.” – Sara Raasch
5. “Winter forms our character and brings out our best.” – Tom Allen
6. “What good is the warm of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” – John Steinbeck
7. “There’s just something beautiful about walking in snow that nobody else has walked on. It makes you believe you’re special.” – Carol Rifka Brunt, ‘Tell the Wolves I’m Home’
8. “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, ‘go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” – Lewis Caroll
9. “With every falling flake, a unique spark of interest falls from heaven.” – P. Miller
10. “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” – Aristotle
11. “I love snow for the same reason I love Christmas. It brings people together while time stands still.” – Rachel Cohn
12. “Snow falling soundlessly in the middle of the night will always fill my heart with sweet clarity.” – Novala Takemoto, ‘Missin’
13. “It is the life of the crystal, the architect of the flake, the fire of the frost, the soul of the sunbeam. This crisp winter air is full of it.” – John Burroughs
14. “Snow isn’t just pretty. It also cleanses our world and our senses, not just of the soot and grime of a mining town, but also of a kind of weary familiarity, a taken-for-granted quality to which our eyes are all too susceptible.” – John Burnside
15. “Kindness is like snow—it beautifies everything it covers.” – Kahlil Gibran
16. “Snow provokes responses that reach right back to childhood.” – Andy Goldsworthy
17. “Winter is not a season, it’s a celebration.” – Anamika Mishra
18. “The snow doesn’t give a soft white damn whom it touches.” – E.E. Cummings
19. “The very fact of snow is such an amazement.” – Roger Ebert
20. “The snow was endless, a heavy blanket on the outdoors; it had a way about it. A beauty.” – Cambria Hebert, ‘Whiteout’
21. “A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.” – Markus Zusak, ‘The Book Thief’
22. “The first snow is like the first love. Do you remember your first snow?” – Lara Biyuts
23. “Silently, like thoughts that come and go, the snowflakes fall, each one a gem.” – William Hamilton Gibson
24. “Thank goodness for the first snow. It was a reminder–no matter how old you became and how much you’d seen–things could still be new if you were willing to believe they still mattered.” – Candace Bushnell, ‘Lipstick Jungle’
25. “January brings the snow, makes our feet and fingers glow.” – Sara Coleridge, ‘The Months’
26. “Imagine if fire extinguishers were full of snow. Imagine the fun we could have.” – Neil Hilborn
27. “Advice is like the snow. The softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon and the deeper it sinks into the mind.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
28. “Snow flurries began to fall and they swirled around people’s legs like house cats. It was magical, this snow globe world.” – Sarah Addison Allen, ‘The Sugar Queen’
29. “Snow was falling, so much like stars filling the dark trees that one could easily imagine its reason for being was nothing more than prettiness.” – Mary Oliver, ‘Snowy Night’
30. “Close your eyes. Hear the silent snow. Listen to your soul speak.” – Adrienne Posey
31. “I love the scents of winter! For me, it’s all about the feeling you get when you smell pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, gingerbread and spruce.” — Taylor Swift
32. “Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.” — Vesta M. Kel
33. “I pray this winter be gentle and kind—a season of rest from the wheel of the mind.” — John Geddes
34. “In the winter, the snow had become glittery fairy dust that had given all the creatures of the meadow warm clothes and a fire to help them endure the winter.” — Carla Reighard
35. “The snow is sparkling like a million little suns.” — Lama Willa
36. “A snow day literally and figuratively falls from the sky—unbidden—and seems like a thing of wonder.” — Susan Orlean
37. “Do you wanna build a snowman? It doesn’t have to be a snowman.” — Anna, ‘Frozen’
38. “Snowflakes are pretty patterns etched in water’s dreams.” — Anthony T. Hincks
39. “Despite all I have seen and experienced, I still get the same simple thrill out of glimpsing a tiny patch of snow.” — Edmund Hillary
40. “Snow is…a beautiful reminder of life and all its quirks. It makes me pause. Think. Stay still. Even my mind takes the hint. It makes me feel giddy. Like a kid.” — R.B. O’Brien
41. “It takes a snowflake two hours to fall from cloud to earth. Can’t you just see its slow, peaceful descent?” – Amy Krouse Rosenthal
42. “Snow is falling outside and all is peaceful and still. In such moments it is possible to believe that the world could still be good.” – Richard Paul Evans
43. “The light made the snowballs look yellow. Or at least I hoped that was the cause.” — Gary D. Schmidt
44. “The snow did not even whisper its way to Earth, but seemed to salt the night with silence.” – Dean Koontz
45. “All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien