Plant puns can bring a touch of fresh humor to your messages. Add them to your images, social media feeds or text a loved one to make their day. If you are a nature lover or want to perk up a friend who loves her potted cacti, then you’re in the right place! We have selected the top plant puns that are guaranteed to make your message (or post) a memorable one.
Table of Contents
Tickle your friend’s funny bone by sending them an uplifting and humorous joke. Text them or write a succulent phrase on a card and leaf it on their desk or attached to a gift. They’ll think of you all day long!
- Why was the gardener so embarrassed? He wet his plants!
- What kind of flowers bloom on your face? Tulips!
- How did the flowers survive so long without water? They really rose to the occasion!
- What makes some plants better at math than others? Square roots!
- What do you call a nervous tree? A sweaty palm!
- How do plants practice self-care? They try to weed out unnecessary drama!
- Why do trees have so many friends? They branch out.
- Why do plants go to therapy? To get to the root of their problems!
- What do you call a garden nursery? Plant Parenthood!
- Where do flowers recharge? At a power plant!
- Someone has been adding soil to my garden. The plot thickens.
Romance Your Bam-Boo
Without a silly side, a romantic relationship can sometimes lose its sparkle. But that doesn’t mean that you have to don a clown suit! Just grab one of the plant puns we selected especially for romantic partners and before you know it, your special person will go bananas over you.
- You’re my bam-boo.
- You make my heart skip a beet.
- I’m very frond of you.
- You are a spud muffin!
- If you were a fruit, you’d be a fine-apple.
- You are absolutely radishing.
- You are sexy and you grow it.
- Talk dirt to me.
- Chive never met anyone quite like you.
- If you were a flower, you’d be a damndelion.
- I love you from my head to-ma-toes.
Encouraging Plant Puns
We can all do with a light-hearted message every now and again. If you know of a friend or loved one going through a difficult time or they are facing a challenge (like a school test or competition), then this is the section for you!
- I be-leaf in you!
- Thistle be the best day ever!
- Walking barefoot is good for the sole.
- I’m rooting for you!
- You’re unbeleafable.
- You grow girl!
- Let’s take a leaf of faith.
- Do you need some encourage-mint?
- Lettuce do our best.
- Here’s hoping your day doesn’t suc.
Corn-y Conversation Starters
Sometimes, all it takes to start a conversation with someone you like is a really ridiculous opener. Try any of these to make the apple of your eye notice you!
- I got arrested at the Farmers Market. I was disturbing the peas.
- Speak now or forever hold your peas.
- Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
- Onions make me sad. A lot of people don’t realize that.
- I got a job working in a hayfield. After one day I bailed.
- Thank goodness spring is finally here! The trees are re-leaved.
- Did you hear the story about the flower who went on a date with another flower? It’s a budding romance!
- Oh my gourd, you’re ridiculous.
- I’m so excited that I wet my plants.
- Let’s hang out every daisy.
Some More Funny Foliage Riddles
To cap things off, we have included some of the best riddles to throw at your nature-loving friends.
- What did the husband say when his wife told him he bought the wrong flowers? “Oopsie daisy!”
- How do you grow a flower that glows in the dark? With a light bulb.
- Why did the cabbage win the track race at school? Because it was ahead.
- What did the mama lettuce tell her little ones when it started to storm? “Everyone needs to romaine calm.”
- Why did the gardener think her plant was sick? It was looking very green.
- What advice can you give a plant that’s having a hard day? Just green and bear it.
- What did the plant say to her sister when she came home? “Long thyme no see.”
- Why didn’t the crops’ relationship work out? They were dating lawn-distance, so they weren’t really fielding it.