Congratulations for incorporating succulents into your backyard wellness garden! Indeed, you couldn’t have chosen a better plant type.
With their exceptional hardiness, succulents can take anything that nature throws at them. These plants are known to thrive under minimal care and maintenance once they develop an elaborate root system. That includes infrequent watering, close to no fertilization, and a high tolerance for drastic fluctuations in various aspects of the elements, including temperature, sunshine, and humidity. It’s those very attributes that make succulents equally adapted for indoor living.
But like any houseplant, you’d want to give your indoor succulents a befitting name. And like most plant lovers, you’d want a name that aptly captures the personality and physical attributes of your specific succulent plants. For instance, is your succulent plant notorious for its prickly nature? Is the plant stereotypically associated with good luck? Perhaps your succulent is best known for its enormous or diminutive size. It would be great if you select a name that resonates with the characteristic features of the specific succulent plant you’ve adopted.
But the good thing about succulent names is that they do not necessarily follow any naming conventions. You can choose any quirky name that you feel suits your green roommate. The limit is only your imagination.
And here’s the best part – a succulent name doesn’t necessarily have to be associated with specific succulent plants. These names can also be used for businesses, particularly those in the plant industry. You might even adopt a succulent name for your beauty parlor or wellness clinic as a marketing gimmick to woo clients who believe in alternative therapy. Again, you’re only limited by your imagination.
If you’re looking for the cutest, coolest, and most creative succulent names, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve curated a list of incredibly beautiful succulent names to help you with the brainstorming process.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re searching for a succulent name for your new houseplant or plant-based business. You’ll definitely find the name here.
We’ve even gone ahead to group the names into different categories. That allows you to hone in on the best succulent name much faster.
Table of Contents
Succulent Names Based On Physical Attributes
Physical characteristics are among the most important considerations when assigning names to our pets. You’ve most certainly heard about dogs called Fluffy, a common name that resonates with the length and texture of the animal’s fur.
Similarly, houseplants can get their names based on their observable, physical features. This category includes names inspired by the sheer size and appearance of your succulent plants:
1. Biggy – A suitable name for gigantic succulent species, such as the African Baobab, Echeveria, and Graptoveria.
2. Dwarfy – The name would fit two categories of succulent plants; mini succulents that naturally stay small (such as Lithops and Blossfeldia liliputana) or dwarfy variants of medium- and large-size succulent plants.
3. Minnie – An even fancier alternative to Dwarfy.
4. Cutie – Cutie is a common name for most pets, perfect for a succulent plant that you consider stunningly beautiful. The name would aptly fit the aloe vera, jade plant, zebra plant, or snake plant.
5. Master – A befitting name for succulents that tower over all other plants in your wellness garden.
6. Scruffy – Consider naming your succulents Scruffy if the plants have distinct hairy appendages. Another fancier alternative would be Fuzzy.
Succulent Names Based On Plant Personality
Succulents are undeniably some of the most resilient plants. That’s one personality trait we cannot take away from them. While not all succulents are necessarily drought-resistant, these plants are hardy enough to tolerate various climatic conditions.
But not all succulents are made equal. For instance, some of these plants can be a thorn in your flesh, literally speaking.
This category of names is based on various personality traits, including real and stereotypical attributes associated with these plants.
7. Hardy – You can simply name your succulents ‘Hardy’ if you don’t want to rack your brains too much. After all, hardiness is the one feature shared by all succulents.
8. Prickle – This name is suitable for succulent plants with spines, such as the cacti. Other fancy variations would be Porkie, Spiney, Spikey, and Thorny.
9. Huggies – A cuddly name for a huggable succulent plant, particularly those that do not grow thorns and spines.
10. Creepie – Ideal if the sight of your succulents on the windowsills sometimes gives you the creeps.
11. Salvador – Salvador means ‘Savior’ in Spanish and Portuguese. It’s a perfect name that resonates with a succulent’s medicinal properties or the plant’s ability to save water for harsher times.
12. Remnant – A befitting succulent name that suggests how tolerant these plants would be even in the harshest environments. In other words, succulents would remain thriving even when the weather has taken its toll on all other nearby plants.
Cute Succulent Names
If you find your succulent plants irresistibly adorable, then you’d want to give them an equally adorable name. Well, this is the category for you.
The following succulent names are not only cute-sounding. They also have an interesting origin and symbolism.
13. Angelica – Derived from the word “angel,” Angelica is a great succulent name if you believe your green roommate is heaven-sent.
14. Chloe – Chloe is a Greek name that means “green shoot.”
15. Florence – Another ideal succulent name, which generally means flower.
16. Nia – A trending girl name that would also suit your indoor succulents.
17. Sunny – This name is perfect for your sun-loving succulent plant, such as the Aloe vera.
18. Vera – Although this name would best suit Aloe vera, it’s cute enough to give to any other succulent plant.
Celebrity-inspired Succulent Names
Celebrities are influential people in society. They’re role models idolized by millions of their followers worldwide. I can bet you have a couple of celebrities in your life that you look up to. They could be in the entertainment industry, literary world, politics, or entrepreneurship.
One way to recognize the instrumental role that your celebrity idols play in your life is by naming your succulent plants after them.
Celebrity-inspired succulent names are among the funniest. So, this category is also perfect if looking for a hilarious name for your pet plant. A mention of these names will leave your friends rolling on the floor with laughter and showering you with praises for being incredibly creative.
19. Burning Spears – A perfect name for your prickly succulent plants.
20. Justin Timberlake – Most succulents aren’t good producers of timber, but that shouldn’t stop you from naming them after the iconic Justin.
21. Smeagol – Inspired by the film Lord of the Rings.
22. Burnie Sanders – Whether you’re a Democrat or Republican, you’ll definitely find this succulent name appealing.
23. Morgan Treeman – A perfect name if you can’t get enough of Morgan Freeman movies.
24. Vincent Can Grow – Should have been Vincent Van Gogh but don’t fret; the accomplished painter would turn in his grave with laughter if he got wind of this puny adaptation of his name.
Succulent-inspired Business Names
If you’re trying to draft a business idea and scouting around for a cool name for your soon-to-be-launched venture, this category of names would suit you.
As we mentioned at the beginning, succulent business names are great for all kinds of businesses, not necessarily those in the plant industry.
25. All About Succulents – A simple yet catchy name for a business that deals in everything succulents.
26. The Desert Crew – A quick glance of your store signage will reveal what your business is all about even before your prospective clients walk in.
27. Succulents Gardening/Landscaping Services – Another self-explanatory name denoting the kind of services your plant-based business offers.
28. Succulent Designs – Apt for a fashion design business.
29. Majestic Gardens Nursery – Great for a business that distributes succulent seedlings.
30. The Succulent Shack – Another excellent name for a succulent plants supply business.
There’s a long list of amazing succulent-inspired names and we cannot possibly exhaust them in one post.
However, the above list is a great place to jump-start your brainstorming for the cutest and catchiest succulent names ever.